MATS Law School proudly announces Shri Moti Lal Ji Pagariya Memorial third national seminar on ‘Green Law, Environment and the Climate Change’ in MATS University, Raipur Chhattisgarh. The seminar intends to bring together participants from different Law Universities and Colleges in the country to brainstorm their research work in this multi-pronged problem of efficacy of green law to save environment, control pollution and to discuss other related issues.
The seminar shall also encourage the participants in developing links between academics and stakeholders in the different disciplines like law, arts, library, media, community, educational, industrial sectors, government agencies and NGOs. Further it shall explore a range of new researchers in legal framework regulating environment and
will try to engage the core group of policy makers in the country.
Theme 1 – Water conservation protection
Privatization of water in India
Water harvesting measures
Cross border water sharing dispute in International law
Linking of rivers in India – The mega projectsUse of rivers for freight transportation
Theme 2 – Human health and environmental law
Compulsory construction of toilets at schools
Trade in genetically modified food balancing human health and starvation
Food starvation as threat to public health
Theme 3- Marine biodiversity
Marine trade and development
Marine biodiversity and tourism
Issues of rise in sea level
Coastal zones management, ecosystem and habitats
Sustainable fishery and sea food
Theme 4- Nuclear safety and liability
India’s civil liability laws for nuclear damage
Nuclear liability bill and related issues.
Socio economic issues involved in the development of nuclear power in India
Safe and sustainable development of nuclear power in India
Theme 5 – Other contemporary issues Climate refugees
Protecting endangered species, plants and animals
Sustainability of natural resources: use vs. utilization
Protection of forests
1. The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution and E-mail address. It is mandatory to mention E-mail address as all future correspondence will be through it.
2. Name and details of Co-author, if any.
3. The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
4. The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
5. The sub heading should be in Font Site 12, Bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
6. The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
7. The length of paper should not exceed 5,000 words (including footnotes) Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
8. All references must be in form of foot-notes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
9. The authors have to submit their Registration Form along with details of Demand Draft electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the above mentioned format.
FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT: